Can you move my piano or pool table?
Yes we can, with over 40 years experience we have safely moved hundreds of billiard tables and pianos.
Do you have storage boxes and other packing materials?
Yes, we can provide you all types of packing boxes and other materials. We will charge you for what you need. Any unused materials will be deducted from the invoice.
What payments are required?
A deposit of $200 or 10% of the quoted moving fee (whichever is greater) is payable upon booking. This will be deducted from your invoice which is payable on the day of your move.
How do you calculate the moving fee?
For local Brisbane moves, our fees are calculated based on hourly method. We will charge you for the hours worked, but no more than the quoted cost.
For items going throughout Queensland or interstate, we price it on a per cubic metre rate. These rates vary depending on the destination. Please speak to us to receive a detailed quote for your next move.
What is your cancellation policy?
As much notice as possible is appreciated. If you are rescheduling to another time with us, there is no fee applicable, however, if you cancel with less than 24 hours notice, you may forfeit your deposit.
Will you move me all in one day?
This depends on if your new premises is available that day. Sometimes settlement can be delayed and you may not be able to move in.
It also depends on how much needs to be moved. For very large jobs it can take 6 to 8 hours to load all of your items.
We will work with you on this during the planning phase and make sure that expectations are clear on the amount of time it will take to complete your removal job.
Can I pack boxes myself?
Yes you can. Here are a few tips:
- Wrap all items separately before placing in a box.
- Place crushed up paper (or towels/linen), 5cm thick on the bottom of the carton, between each item place more crushed paper (linen) and make sure all boxes are full when packed, otherwise, they will crush when being stacked.
- Heavy items should be placed into a smaller box (book box).
- Label every box, clearly indicating its contents and the room it will be unpacked for.
- Mark boxes FRAGILE and HEAVY as appropriate
- Draw arrows to indicate if a box needs to be stored upright
- On the day of the move, have all access areas clear and all items to be moved packed and ready to go. That way our staff can be most efficient in getting you to your new home as quickly as possible.
Of course, if you don't have the time or the inclination, we would be only too happy to do it for you. This service is charged on an hourly rate basis.